Saturday, June 10, 2006

My name is Madison Intro

My Name is Madison


My guess is that you arrived in Madison sometime on Wednesday evening? Your flight got in late and you made it to your hotel with just enough time to grab some dinner, maybe a drink, and then is was off to bed.

This morning you awoke hoping you hadn’t missed your alarm only to find that is was still a bit early. The first big decision was then either to go back to bed or grab a cup of coffee from the hotel lobby. You chose to get some coffee and found some time to read the newspaper.

Eventually you made your way to the Monona Terrace, registered for the conference, talked to a few friends, and sat in on a talk or two. A typical beginning for a day such as this.

Now you are standing here with ME, unsure of how to proceed. Maybe you should just go back inside, meet a few more people, and continue to talk about topics that really aren’t so interesting. Or should you escape? If only for a few moments, to explore what else is out there. If you are an adventurous type, I’ve got some things to show you.

Along the way we will be able to talk and get to know each other. There are a few stories that I’d like you to know and some friends you should meet. I’m excited about having you here.

I should tell you a little secret, first. I have a favor to ask. After you meet a friend or I tell you about a place, I’d like you to take a photo, a document of our travels. You have a camera, so feel free to indulge. Be creative and show me something about yourself, I’m interested in learning about you. This is your chance to make a memory of your trip.

I guess we should go then! Welcome to Madison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home