Saturday, June 03, 2006

Dane County Courthouse

Erected in 1885, the Dane County Courthouse was the work of Henry C. Koch, who also built Science Hall at the University of Wisconsin. In the 1950's the City of Madison and Dane County joined forces to build a new municipal building. This photo was taken as a document of the demise of the building. In its place is left a parking garage to supply space for those working and shopping in downtown Madison.

Jairus H. Carpenter - Judge 1885 - 1902

Site - Corner of Fairchild and Main across from parking structure

Challenge - What is lost here?

Media - Photo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home